Poisoncraft: The Dark Art
Blue Deception - Quod - Wisp of Pallstone. These are but three of the lethal poisons that grace the pages of this book. Never again will your characters yawn at the mention of a poisoned arrow or the sight of a venomous serpent. For instead of merely being weakened by the kiss of poison, they may find themselves deafened, unable to cast spells, or thrown into the very depths of fear!
The first in our Complete line of d20 sourcebooks, this 96-page tome contains so much more than a simple recitation of poisons. A free-form poison creation system means the product of your character's skill will be limited only by the breadth of your imagination. The Complete treatment includes:
- Detailed rules for brewing magical poisons, harvesting raw materials from vanquished foes, and creating antidotes.
- More than 40 new feats, including metapoison feats, epic feats, and the dreaded Toxic Substitution.
- Over 30 poison-related spells, including the ultimate in retributive magic: Vengeance on Tainted Hands.
- An armory-full of new equipment and magic items, like the sinister Hollow-Blade and the legendary Staff of Serpents.
- Six new prestige classes, including the Ki Corrupted and Toxomancer.
- A menagerieâ€™s worth of baneful creatures, featuring the venomous gaze of the Syrallax and the grim essence of the Toxic Deathlord.
- Adventure seeds incorporating all of the new rules for levels 1-20, including fully statted NPCs.
- Detailed notes for using the Poisoncraft rules in any Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed campaign.
You might find all of that in a regular sourcebook. In a Complete sourcebook, that's just the beginning! Blue Devil Games also gives you: rules on poison decay, the perils of handling poison, two versions of the poison cleric domain, three creature templates, a random poison naming table, a detailed description of all nineteen poison families, a character sheet addendum, and a Poisoncraft worksheet for creating new poisons. Oh, and did we mention the Codex Venenorum, with more than 60 poisons!
All this, brought to life by the incomparable artistic talents of Tyler Walpole, Kev Crossley, Jennifer Rodgers, and Fil Kearney.
If your on the fence or just want some cool, free material, check out our demo, which features the table of contents from the entire book, the free-form poison creation rules, and the first page of the Codex Venenorum.